Carboy Winery is seeking enthusiastic full time seasonal interns to join our production staff for the 2023 harvest. Harvest Interns will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, participating in all aspects of winemaking, from primary processing to barrel filling. We are seeking team members that take initiative and are willing to perform cellar tasks needed for smooth operation of our facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
• General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels
• Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit
• Performing routine punch downs
• Assist Enologist in the Lab (run pH meter, measure TA, gather samples for analysis)
• Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank
• Removing pomace from tanks and press
• Barrel cleaning, filling, and topping
• Other cellar work as assigned
• Forklift experience preferred but not required
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working with a team or individually on tasks
• Interest in learning, willingness to ask questions and retain knowledge
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols
• Work 8 to 12 hours per day or as required in a physically demanding environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors in changing weather conditions
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Requires the ability to sit, bend, stoop, twist, and walk over uneven surfaces
• Manual dexterity sufficient to use a variety of hand tools without experiencing abnormal strain
Time Frame/Working Hours
• This position begins mid-July 2022 and will complete in November 2022.
• Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions require flexibility and can include partial shifts and weekends.
• Part time positions may be available
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Carboy Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
ABOUT CARBOY WINERY
Carboy Winery is Colorado’s fastest-growing wine operation in one of the next frontiers in American winemaking, expanding to four locations in five years. Since 2016 our award-winning wines have helped lift the Colorado wine industry into prominence as a wine region ripe with possibilities. This new frontier provides many unique opportunities for innovative and ambitious winemaking. Carboy Winery brings a distinctive and adventurous style to traditional American wine with estate vineyards in both Colorado and Washington. Our goal is to create wines that reveal the sustainable growing conditions, extraordinary terroir, and unmistakable typicity of Colorado's Grand Valley and Washington's Horse Heaven Hills AVA. Behind our rapid growth is a strong culture centered on our people and genuine hospitality. Our culture enables and empowers our employees and partners to do their most impactful work as effortlessly as possible enabling us to achieve our mission and ultimately enhancing employee retention, satisfaction, and growth.